Monday, June 15, 2009

Tooting My Own Horn

That's right, tooting my horn is exactly what I'm doing.

We needed more seating in our living room, and this is what I liked from PB...

It's $1200!! Are you kidding me?! Let's just say that's not QUITE in our budget right now.... so I thought, "hey, there can't be much to this, right?" So I reupholstered an old chair that I picked up at a model home sale! I spent about $75 in fabric at the discount fabric store(10 yards!!), and about a zillion hours.... and this is what came of it!!



Sure, I still think that the PB one is cuter, but for $1100 less... I'll take my version, thanks.

8 comments:

Jacki said...

So cute Chelsea! I am so intimidated about reupholstering but you have motivated me! Your chair looks great!

Anonymous said...

That looks Awesome, why dont you come up and redo my whole house for me. Love it good job

Tracy said...

This is so amazing!! I have been wanting to reupholster our dining room chairs but don't know how to do it. I'll looked it up on Youtube but it wasn't that great of an instruction. How did you learn?

EricandLauren said...

I'll take your version too! I want one! You are amazing Chels, that is no easy task, and your chair looks amazing!!

Christiansen's said...

That seriously is impressive. You are brave to take on such a huge project. Knowing me I would have cut right smack dab in the middle of the 10 yards of fabric and screwed up the whole thing.

Dibble's said...

Chelsea! Are you kidding me? Can youdo my house next? First curtains, now this? You're incredible

Chelsea said...

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments!! It's really not that hard though... just take apart the old one, use it as a pattern to cut out the new one, and then put it back together! Time consuming: yes, hard: no.

JaNece said...

You are quite the little seamstress! I love the chair! I'm very impressed. Way to be creative, have an awesome looking chair AND save all that money!