Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas 2010

We went to a Christmas Festival at Cade's school a couple of days before Christmas. Cade tolerated Santa's lap much better this year than last. Coleman was just happy to be there, like usual...


Christmas Eve was awesome. I had all of these plans.... we would see the lights on temple square, build a ginger bread house, and then read Christmas stories and act out the nativity... but Cade of course had his own plans. I didn't want to fight the kids and stress over it, so I asked Cade what he wanted to do. He said "mowee! mowee!" So we watched a movie. We watched Toy Story 3 (loved it!). Cade and Russ ordered pizza for dinner, and Russ kindly picked up a Diet Coke, fries, and fry sauce for me since I can't eat pizza. Coleman was spent by that point and ducked out of the party...


Russ picked up a buid-your-own wood car kit from Lowes, and put it together with Cade. I don't think Cade has ever had so much fun. He laughed and laughed while they built it, and then carried the car around like it was his life's work. He kept pointing to it and saying, "Dada did it! Dada did it!" It was really cute to see Cade having so much fun with his dad.









Once the car was complete, we all played cars together and built garages for them... Cade's favorite activity.






Then we all read the Christmas Story and sang "Away in a Manger". Cade went to bed with his usual truck book in place, but also with his new wooden car...



Christmas morning, Coleman had to wait for Cade to wake up before he could open his presents... I think the anticipation was almost more than he could handle :) ...

Neither of the boys knew that all of this new stuff was from Santa, but they did know that it was new, and that it was theirs!!













Christmas afternoon, we headed up to Idaho to spend some time with my family.


I got to see my grandma and grandpa while we were there too. We even got a 4-generation picture :)

What a great Christmas. Lots of good memories!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Looks like a great Christmas! I love the pictures of Cade making his car.