Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'M A NEW WOMAN

I am happy to say that last night, Cade slept from 11:00 pm until 8:30 this morning!!! I don't think that I have had more than 3 hours of sleep at a time in the past 9 months, so a WHOLE night without him waking up?! I feel amazing!! Thanks to everyone for your suggestions! We tried different things every night for about the past two weeks, and hopefully, we've got it figured out now. I started feeding Cade rice cereal at night instead of in the morning, and I also started feeding him formula. I think that he just wasn't getting enough in his tummy to hold him over. Not only is he sleeping better at night, but he's napping better too... he used to never nap for longer than 45 minutes, but for the past 3 DAYS he has taken a 2 hr nap at noon, and a 1 hr nap at about 4.

Let me tell you, it is a GREAT DAY in the Murphy household!!!

4 comments:

Chelsi said...

Boys for sure need lots to eat!! Glad you finally had a full nights rest. Way to go MOM!!

Tracy said...

You give me hope for Graham's nap schedule! He still sleeps most of the day but in 1/2 hour incriminates which totally sucks because there is no schedule to the napping so I can't plan outings around them and they are so short I don't have time to get anything done. I can't wait for 2 hour naps!! That will be so great.

Reese Fam said...

Yay!!! Seriously, it's the best feeling EVER, isn't it?? Way to go!

tntrimblefamily said...

Can you give me some insight. How often do you feed him? I have an 8 1/2 month old who STILL gets up once or twice during the night as well. I am ready for a full night rest.