Friday, July 24, 2009

Back At It

I ran in my first post-baby race this morning! I ran the Deseret News 10K, and it was SO fun. I had forgotten how much I love it.

I used to run all of the time before I had Cade, but I quit while I was pregnant. I tried a few times to get into it again after Cade was born, but I was so out of shape I would get frustrated and give up on it. I finally made up my mind on Cade's birthday that I wouldn't give up this time, so this race was a huge accomplishment for me. I feel like I'm finally back in the saddle! I'm thinking 1/2 marathon by October!

I have to give a big thanks to my amazing husband who woke up at 5:00 am on a holiday, drove downtown in crazy July 24th parade traffic and walked a mile with a 1 year old because there was no parking just to be there at the finish line for me. Love ya babe!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Go Chelsea! You look great!

The Balls said...

YAY! I am so proud of you! Brandon and I were going to do that race but we didn't sign up in time. I bet it was awesome! I am so jealous! GOOD JOB CHELS!

Neal and Angie said...

That's so awesome Chels! So proud! Sounds like Cade is sure growing up fast, already taking his first steps...he's a cutie.

Jennie said...

Congrats! I am training for a 1/2 in October too!

Brad Milkwick said...

You Rock! You look AMAZING!!! I can't wait to have this baby, and get thin again! You are awesome Chels. Any plans for a Georgia visit?

Jessica