Saturday, July 16, 2011

C-Man at 10 Months

Coleman is 10 months old (well, almost 11, but I'm slow at this stuff). Here's his 10 month picture. He wouldn't stay put long enough for me to push the button, so here's a picture of his escape attempt. I love the tongue out of the mouth grin... he's doing this about 90% of the time that he's awake lately.
Coleman is the easy-going member of the family. He's just content to watch everybody and doesn't complain or fuss. Here's a perfect example... Cade was giving me a run for my money, and I was busy disciplining/cleaning up/making him happy while Coleman was left in his high chair after he finished lunch for too long... way past naptime. Poor buddy.
Coleman is crawling all over the place now...
and figuring out how to get into trouble!!
More things about Coleman this month...
He is babbling mama, baba, and dada, and saying dada and uh-oh with meaning.
Coleman mimicks my signs, but signs dog with meaning.
Coleman will try to sing the chorus of his favorite song... "If all of the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops" by singing "ah ah ah ah!!"
He figured out how to blow a whistle. Cade and Coleman love to take their whistles and blow them at each other as loud as he can.... uhhhh, love it.
Coleman's hearing tests are all pointing to a conductive loss (the bones in his inner ear are most likely malformed), which is good because it means that chances that the hearing loss will worsen are very unlikely.
Coleman's hearing aids have now been broken 4 times. It's an impossible and never ending battle to keep them in. His audiologist tells me that it should start to get easier any time now, so we're hanging in there.
Coleman's EI teacher says that he is making great progress, and she expects that he will pass his upcoming development test with "no delays". I'm so proud of him!

1 comment:

julierhea said...

Hey there...
I found your blog through other blogs and wanted to say how cute both of your boys are! I have a conductive hearing loss and just got a BAHA (bone anchored hearing aid) on both sides. It is the best decision I have ever made (after wearing BTEs for over 30 years). Coleman is one lucky boy to have you in his corner! :)