Sunday, July 03, 2011

Camping

Russ took Cade to the Father/Son Campout a few weeks ago and the two of them had a lot of fun, so we decided it was time to give a family campout a shot. We bought a tent and set it up in our back yard. Cade was sooo excited. He ran around in the tent saying, "dis my houff mommy!" (This my house mommy). When it was time to take it down, Cade was broken-hearted; he wanted to sleep in it so bad. We compromised by setting up his play tent on his bed. He kept the tent up and slept in it all week.

We went camping at Rockport State Park this weekend. We used up every square inch of our car packing all of the gear we needed for 18 hours. The boys did great. We stayed up late with the kids by the fire. Coleman went to bed without a peep.
Cade's favorite part of camping was the campfire. He sat still in his chair for two hours.... probably a record for him! I kept asking him if he wanted to go to sleep, and he said, "no, me want to watch the fire." He counted the stars too (he made it to seven... several times before giving up).
Cade finally told me around midnight that he wanted to "west my eyes wight ere" (rest my eyes right here), and he fell asleep in his chair.
Cade also had fun watching a squirell pop in and out of his hole. He chased birds, threw rocks, and tried to run away many many times. It was exhausting but fun. I'm sure we'll have many more camping trips ahead of us.

No comments: